Geekland USA, LLC - Your Trusted Partner for OEM/ODM Contract Manufacturing Services
We are an Atlanta, Georgia based company providing custom solutions and product design and OEM / ODM contract manufacturing services for customers in smart home appliances, IoT, medical devices, telecom and logistics. Since 2010, we have been helping companies design and build innovative industrial, medical and consumer products that incorporate custom embedded Android systems for interactive control and display. Our expertise is in the design and manufacture of Android OS based industrial grade single board computers, rugged tablets, industrial panel PCs, HMIs and specialized touch screen display systems for a variety of Industry verticals. As a full service contract manufacturer and product development partner, we offer full-range of product development services from design to manufacturing and regulatory testing to take a product to market.
Our range of services include:
i. Systems engineering design and program management.
ii. Industrial & mechanical design.
iii, Hardware design including custom embedded board design & PCB fabrication for the board and display components.
iv. Firmware and software development including driver development and custom ROM.
iv. Tooling & manufacturing.
v. Testing & QA
vi. Regulatory Testing & Certification (FCC, CE, ROHS, UL)
vii. Shipment & Logistics
By working closely with our customers and by understanding their unique business needs, we have developed highly customized solutions in a cost effective yet rapid time to market. We have extensive expertise working with Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese manufacturing companies and have established partnerships with a few reliable and high quality manufacturing houses. Our hardware design team based in Shenzen, China collaborate closely with our partners to custom design and manufacture high quality OEM Android, Windows or Linux based systems that address our clients unique requirements. Here are some of the application areas that we have worked on and offer custom solutions:
- Smart home appliances & consumer devices. Geekland has expertise in designing and manufacturing custom industrial Android boards and displays for smart appliances such as ovens and cooking ranges. See how Dacor's smart cooking ranges use our custom built Android OS based embedded board in an innovative way to enhance the cooking experience. These boards are designed to operate 24x7 and designed to withstand and operate in high temperatures that are typical for these devices.
- Fleet management and logistics. We have provided our custom Android based rugged tablets for trucking companies to serve as navigation, dispatch and remote diagnostics systems. These devices are IP65 rated and are designed to operate in the rugged and harsh environments that are reflective of this industry.
- Medical devices for patient monitoring or data entry. We have designed custom android boards and displays for use in medical diagnostics devices. We understand the long product development cycles and regulatory requirements of this industry and choose the right SOCs, and processors like NXP/Freescale I.mx6 for development of solutions in this space.
- Field service operation & construction engineering. Our rugged IP65 tablets have been used in a variety of harsh outdoor environments.
- Marketing/Advertising Information Kiosks. We have a range of display solutions for marketing/advertising signage and for kiosks. These include kiosk display terminals, open frame panel pcs and kiosk embedded boards and displays. These solutions are being used by government agencies and businesses to deliver information to employees and customers.
- Education: We have provided Tablets for use in schools and class rooms. Coupled with the tablets, we have customized the units with custom ROM that provide restricted access to Apps and other features to provide a secure environment for chidren,
- HVAC & Industrial control systems. Our PoE based tablets and Panel PCs have been used in HVAC and Industrial control by companies such as Trane.
- Time & attendance systems. We have worked with companies such as Bayer, Ingles, SRS Distribution to design and deliver Android touchscreen based time & attendance systems. Our solutions in this space include 7", 9" and 10" POE wall mounted panel PCs that can be deployed securely in factory floors.
- Conference room scheduling systems. Our 7", 9" and 10" Android POE wall mounted tablets are widely used for conference room displays by several companies
- Industrial Automation & Control. Our IP65 rugged suite of Android and windows Panel PCs are designed to operate in factory and industrial environments both indoors and outdoors for SCADA, Industrial automation and control.
Our OEM pre-designed tablets (as listed in our website) are ideal for those businesses that want to enter the market quickly with a product and at a lower cost. The OEM solutions address a broad market segment and can typically address most project needs through minor configuration changes. These include tablets for general consumer use, rugged industrial applications and applications such as home automation and telematics. Most of these basic models can be customized with various options such as hard disk configurations, memory extensions, battery sizes, capacitive or resistive screens at a much lower NRE costs. These units can also be customized to some degree at the firmware level. If the off-the-shelf units do not fully meet the customer's needs, we would embark on a custom ODM project which is more involved.
Our ODM services are ideal for those customers interested in developing custom new products based on Android or Linux. For these projects, for standard off-the-shelf products may not fully address their project or market needs without more involved engineering. These projects may involve development of a custom embedded board at a specific price, performance or dimensions, display characteristic and touch panel design.
For example, a project may involve the use of Android/Linux based board as the main processing unit of an industrial controller, home appliance, medical device or serve as a display terminal. In this case, the Android board can be integrated external controller boards, sensors or display units via USB or other mechanisms so the resulting device can leverage Android to deliver innovative functionality. The integration may require design of embedded board to suit the individual needs of the project. The redesign effort may include board/PCBA design & layout, adding/removing components such as 3G, GPS, accelerometers and other sensors in order to meet specific functionality at a target price point.
Other common examples of ODM services include:
a) a completely redesigned embedded board for specialized application use. This may include include SOC/SOM board level layout changes, incorporation of new displays or completely redeisgned housing.
b) a custom tablet or controller device designed for a highly secure network environment such as Zigbee or NFC for home automation or industrial control.
c) a specialized internet device for fleet management, taxi cabs or other outdoor extreme environments
These projects typically involve more upfront costs to cover research & development costs associated with a custom solution. ODM services include:
a) Industrial and structural design
b) Tooling that includes mold and casing design using 3D printing or injection molding
c) SOM/SOC ( System on Module/Chip), processor board and PCBA design
d) Integration with sensors or other interface boards
e) Software optimization and performance tuning
f) Custom Packaging
Custom Android/Linux Embedded Systems Development
- HAL layer abstraction for driver development
- Android OS compilation, developing custom ROM and porting on embedded boards, Mobiles & Tablet PCs.
- Custom hardware development.
- Interfacing external peripherals like GSM/GPRS, GPS, touch screen, Key pad, Bluetooth/Wifi modules, Medical sensors and camera.
- Firmware development for custom hardware.
- Android accessories development by using Arduino board & Android Workbench board.
- Device drivers porting.
- CyanogenMod ROM development & porting it on new chips and hardware
- Integration of sensors such as temperature, humidity and medical/physio sensors
- Integration of wireless devices such as 3G/4G modems, Zigbee, Zwave, IoT-NB, Sigfox and LoRA and telephony applications
- Support for interfaces such as RJ45, RS232, RS485
- Android App development including porting across multiple platforms and migration to Androi
- Kiosk Android development. Some of the customizations are removing notification bar, Removing lock option, custom boot animation, custom startup application, disable externl hardware keys, custom settings option,.etc.
- Remote management of Applications and Android OS
- IoT application development including sensor data acquisition and processing.
Custom Logo, Branding, OS (ROM) Configuration & Packaging
Custom branding services is offered for customers who want to introduce their tablets with their own branding.
Custom branding includes:
a) Your own company logo and packaging including user guides and documentations
b) Your own splash screen so that when you boot the tablet, your company screen will be displayed.
c) Your own Apps that can be deeply incorporated into the firmware/build (pre-installed).
d) Minor modifications to the firmware such as rooting or enable/disable settings.
d) Minor hardware alterations such as memory, battery screen types etc.
Ask us for bulk discounts and other special requirements and we will be happy to assist you in every way.
For wholesale pricing and special orders please contact us or call us toll-free at (877)-597-7673.